It is now not possible to visit the BAWDSEY RADAR MUSEUM on FRIDAY 20th July as on the programme.
DATE CHANGED TO THURSDAY 26th JULY 11.00am. Further details regarding a pub meal to follo
When I have details re Pub Meal I will then ask for numbers
The museum is a new purpose build museum and very different to the visit we made some years ago
A remarkable new visitor experience
This once-in-a-lifetime structural renovation includes repairs and renovations to the fabric of the transmitter building in addition to the installation of a totally original exhibition.
- The story of radar – stroll between interactive exhibits that bring the history of radar to life
- Keeping the secret – introducing the people who made Bawdsey radar possible.
- Timeline wall – radar from 1935 to the present day
- Aircraft tracking with WW2 radar – a simulation experience
- A history of the Bawdsey Estate over the last 130 years
- Air traffic control – a real-time illustration of the power of radar
- Radar today – from the exploration of Saturn’s rings, to satellites and medical scanners
- Independent research – a dedicated focus space in which you can explore our extensive technical archive
- Enhanced car parking and picnic area