Topic Archives: Event

Welcome to the Wolsey Scouts News, here you'll find the latest on whats happening in the District, County and much more.

Remember to login, as many articles have further information for members, like flyers, application forms, further resources etc.

#
23 Nov 2018, 15:14
Please let any leaders in training that the Training Academy for march is now taking bookings. The academy will be running at Hallowtree on the 16th-17th March
#
23 Nov 2018, 14:58
With the introduction of the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), HQ have developed a new e-learning module that is compulsory for all adults to complete. The deadline for existing adults with appointments (not Occasional Helpers) to complete this training is 31/12/2018.
#
28 Sep 2018, 11:40
With the introduction of the new General Data Protection Regulations coming into effect later this month, HQ have developed a new e-learning module that is compulsory for all members to complete.There is an online e-learning module now available and it takes no more than 30 minutes!
#
15 Sep 2018, 08:55
Just a reminder that the first of the next run of YL Training Modules is next Friday, 21st September at Bramford Scout and Guide Headquarters from 7 - 9pm. Please could you ensure all your YLs are aware of this and if they intend coming, to book in with me at wolseydesc@sky.com (if they haven't already done so). In order that my records are kept up to date would you please ask them to bring the completed In Touch form which is attached, to the first Module they attend this year. Many thanks Di Smith DESL(YL)
#
11 Jul 2018, 20:32
I realise that most sections are finishing soon for the summer break but I thought it would be useful to let Young Leaders know the date for the training modules for the session starting in September. Mod A (Compulsory Module) Wednesday 12th September 32nd Ipswich HQs Stoke Park Drive 7 - 9pm All the other Modules will take place at Bramford Scout and Guide HQs 7 - 9pm Please ask your YLs to book in with me if they intend coming to any of the above. Numbers for the First Response Course are limited -in the first instance precedence will be given to those nearing completion of their Award. I attach an In Touch form for the Mod A course and also for the other courses. For those returning to training in September please ask them to bring with them a completed form so my records are up to date. Do please get in touch if you or your Young Leaders have any queries. Yours in Scouting Di Smith DESA/DESL(YL)
#
18 Jun 2018, 15:20
'The Academy is now being held on 6/7th October at the Blackbourne Centre, Elmswell. The online booking system is open so now is the time to get booked before places on the courses you want to do are filled up. The District is aware that some leaders may have transport problems in getting to Elmswell. If you are such a person please book for the courses you want to do then let me know if you require assistance with transport. Alternatively if you are able to give a lift to others again please let me know. It is our intention that everybody who wants to attend the Academy should be able to do so.'
#
5 Apr 2018, 09:36
The District are running a training session on 'Think You Know' It will be held at 32nd Ipswich on Sunday 13 May 2018, 9.30 until 2pm. Are you concerned about the safety of our young people when they are online? We are offering a free training session to enable you to find out more about online safety and to be able to deliver online safety training to Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, and Explorers.